Triangle Jobs
Hi Folks,

Register or log in to comment and message

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Triangle Jobs
Hi Folks,

Register or log in to comment and message
Triangle Jobs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramada Hotel

Go down

Ramada Hotel Empty Ramada Hotel

Post by demon Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 am

I worked here for a while and well read on.

well where do I begin. the good points I guess.

Well the majority of the staff are really nice and easy to get along with, pay is always on time even though it changed to monthly which doesn't need to be implemented until next year I believe. and, and, and, ... well I cant think of any other good points at the moment but if I think of any I will add them

I shall mention now that I have no quarrel with the reception manager, she is really nice and is always pleasant from what I could tell anyway
now in a nut shell the problem with this hotel isn't the staff but the managers, most of the problems can be seen within the kitchen and anyone who says anything different is speaking absolute bollocks.

ok lets start from what I believe is the top, the general manager. Well anything can set this one off at a moment notice; and the resulting verbal abuse can cause the staff members to cry. Well that isn't a very good way to manage for a start as you want your staff to respect you rather than fear you. people wonder why the staff here leave on a regular basis... well this one is a very big contributing factor. here is a word of advice general manager, get off your high horse and take the time to talk to your staff about anything they might have done rather than going off on one at them. I could go on for a while longer but the general manager would be more suited for a different job rather than actually having to deal with humans with a little thing called feelings

lets look at the restaurant now
well this manager looks nice on the outside, but once they snap its all over, even though this may be seen as a bad thing by most people on the flip side her management style seams effective even though there are snide remarks and talking down to from time to time... although I have stated that even managers are allowed the odd bad day so I can forgive this one.

now the kitchen
now where to start with this. Well in here you get a manager that is arrogant, cheeky, not willing to listen to staff, has a tantrum every day almost and doesn't give people a fair chance. staff in the kitchen are often treated like crap... waiting staff, new starts, cooks and especially the KP's who end up doing everything that others cant be bothered to do. now this one does have the odd day where nothing but pleasant but its rare so take it while you can. to sum this one up; if it doesn't go their way then they don't want to know and will go off on one about it, very narrow minded and very much inflexible, barks orders all day and does very little but smoke and flit about the hotel all day and complains constantly even about the tiniest thing when actually working and its rarely her fault but mostly has to be someone else's. very much a head that has either lost interest or needs a career change

marketing
I don't know much about the marketing manager but I have seen a few comments on trip advisor that are negative and it appears that none of the managers including the marketing manager want to know anything about negative comments. leaving a very short generic message bellow the negative post

other stuff
well don't expect a great break yes you get fed but sometimes they forget about you leaving you to endure the full shift straight through and the food the staff get can be bad at times
car parking. to this day I cannot figure out why managers should get a parking space and other employees cant. why can they not use other parking areas like everyone else is forced to do. now this is highly unfair. and more to the point why does the general manager get their own reserved parking space? well that's just a piss take if I ever seen one. its a space that customers could be using so why cant the general manager park elsewhere like everyone else?
smoking. well I have never heard such a ridiculous rule. smokers usually work better when they have a little smoke so why not take advantage of that and have everyone working at their best rather than torturing them... its common knowledge people, take your head out of your asses and see it. and I am not even a smoker and I can see the difference.
kitchen. add a radio, its common knowledge that music increases production

lastly.
ok ramada you have people in there who are doing the worst of jobs and their talents reside in other areas that could benefit the business greatly why don't you utilise the abundance of skills that could benefit you and draw in more off season business. I am not sure but I believe there are creative people in there who can put a new spin on things to attract peoples attention, musical people who can set the mood for customers to want to stay longer and buy more even business people who could be good at marketing or what ever to attract a range of customers and bring in a greater amount of business and a whole world of other skills that are simply being allowed to be wasted

well that's my break down of it all. if it changes I will need to see it to believe it... I will even eat in the place to see Very Happy

demon

Back to top Go down